A coalition of stakeholders will be hosting a community meeting and resource session on Tuesday, October 23rd, at 6pm at Lawrence High School to support small businesses impacted by the recent gas emergencies. This coalition—which includes representation from NiSource/Columbia Gas; the Municipalities of Lawrence, Andover and North Andover; the Commonwealth of Mass; and local non-profit service providers—is collaborating to provide a comprehensive scope of services for small businesses, targeting immediate as well as long-term needs. Beyond simply sharing information about these services, scores of providers will be on hand to support businesses with one on one questions and provide support around:
1. Accessing emergency capital
2. Making claims and following up on existing claims
3. Scheduling upgrades to impacted equipment and facilities
4. Getting updated information on when gas is scheduled to be turned on, by address
5. Working one on one with business service experts around customized business needs
6. Ensuring your business is up to code and able to re-open
This event is open to all effected businesses, with a specific concentration on smaller businesses impacted by the recent gas emergencies in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover. All services will be offered in both English and Spanish.