Each year our roadway program includes improvements to be performed on various streets to upgrade the conditions of the Towns streets. The work performed each year typically consists of crack sealing, milling (cutting down approximately 1-1/2 inches) existing pavement and repaving, or reclaiming (full depth pulverization of approximately 3 inches of asphalt) depending on the specific needs determined by the Pavement Management Study/Plan and DPW.
In addition, specific projects may require additional grading, drainage improvements, repair of curbing and/or sidewalks, and striping where road construction improvements are being done.
The roadway program is based on the Pavement Management Study/Plan that investigated all roads in Town, rated the condition of the roads, identified the repair methods, and projected the anticipated costs. The Plan is periodically updated based on current conditions, future projects including utility upgrades, and the re-examination of the roadways typically performed every 4-5 years.
The following list identifies the proposed roadways included in the Fiscal Year 2019 (July 2018 to July 2019) program:
- Boxford Street – Duncan Drive to Sherwood Drive
- Boxford Street – Candlestick Road to Salem Street
- Salem Street – Granville Road to Pheasant Brook Road
- High Street – Sutton Street to Prescott Street
- Quail Run – Entire Length
- Monteiro Way – Entire Length
- Brentwood Circle – Entire Length
- Crossbow Lane – Ingalls Street to Laconia Circle
- Hollow Tree Lane – Entire Length
- Longwood Avenue – Rosedale Ave to Chestnut Street
- Mount Vernon Street – Entire Length
Crews have begun marking limits of paving and utility locations. Casting adjustments and paving will be scheduled in early fall.