Background: The Town in 2020 received a planning assistance grant from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA), through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Grant Program. The MVP program provides support for cities and towns in Massachusetts to begin the process of planning for climate change resiliency and implementing priority projects.
Key stakeholders have participated in Community Resilience Building workshops, which has resulted in the development of a climate change vulnerability assessment.
The public is invited to participate in this listening session to learn more about the findings from the workshops and to provide input on the draft plan.
As families across the Commonwealth prepare to celebrate religious oriented holidays (such as Easter, Passover and other similar holidays) the North Andover Health Department encourages all residents to keep in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing. As reflected by the data both at a State and Local level, there has been a trending correlation of positive COVID-19 cases shortly following holidays over the past few months.
For any holiday oriented celebrations, please keep in mind to:
- ● Limit in-person gatherings only to people you live with.
- ● Prepare foods for family and neighbors and deliver them in a no-contact way
- ● Consider hosting or attending virtual holiday activities.
- ● If the weather permits, increase ventilation by opening windows and doors.
● Avoid gatherings with elderly or those with various pre-existing health conditions.
Hosting gatherings with non-household members is not recommended, however in the event that any gatherings take place please keep in mind the following:
- ● Per Governor Baker’s order No. 63 limit indoor gatherings to 10 people, and outdoor gatherings
to 25 people (applies to private residences).
- ● Wear a mask if you are with non-household members.
- ● Host any gatherings outdoors as opposed to indoors, weather permitting.
- ● Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- ● Do not share food, drink, or any utensils, including serving utensils.
● Monitor yourself for symptom onset 10 days before and after any gatherings
Most importantly if you are feeling sick, have been in close contact with a positive COVID-19 case, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results please stay home.
For any question please contact the North Andover Health Department by email at email@example.com or by phone at (978) 688-9540.