Don’t miss the North Andover
Monday, November 11th, 2019
Parade starts at First and Main Plaza,
Ceremony Immediately Following at Patriots Memorial Park
*In the event of inclement weather, our services will be held in the Middle School Veterans Auditorium at 10:30.*
North Andover Shop Local Weekend is
November 16th and 17th ONLY!
- Purchases must be made on November 16th and/or 17th from this list of businesses in the affected area.
- All receipts must be submitted through our online form by the end of the day on November 24, 2019. The gift card form and instructions can be accessed by clicking here or by going to northandoverma.gov/shoplocal. PLEASE NOTE: The redemption process is different than last year. We will not be accepting printed or emailed forms. If you do not have a computer or access to the internet, please contact the Town Manager’s office at 978-688-9510 during regular business hours before November 24, 2019. No submissions or receipts will be accepted after November 24, 2019.
- Receipts must include the business name, date of transaction and receipt number. Only one receipt per business is eligible per day, however purchases at multiple businesses will be honored. You must spend at least $25.00 per business. The amount of the gift card will be based on individual receipts and not the aggregate amount spent at multiple businesses.
- Only one online submittal per household/per business/per day will be accepted; however, there is no limit to the number of businesses you can shop at. For example, if you spend $200 at Store A and $200 at Store B, you will receive gift cards totaling $200 ($100 for each business you visited). If you spend $200 at Store A on Saturday and $200 at Store A on Sunday, you will receive gift cards totaling $200 ($100 for each day).
- The maximum total dollar amount in gift cards that may be issued per household for this promotion is $1,000.
- Gift Cards must be picked up by the applicant at Town Hall, 120 Main Street in the Board of Selectmen meeting room on the second floor during regular business hours the week of December 9, 2019. You must bring a photo ID.
- At their discretion, the Town of North Andover reserves the right to reject any gift card request and/or cancel promotion.
MassDOT Advisory: North Andover
Chickering Road (Route 125/133) and Massachusetts Avenue
Intersection Improvements and Related Work
Construction Operations begin Monday, November 11, 2019
NORTH ANDOVER – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that construction will begin on Chickering Road (Route 125/133) and Massachusetts Avenue on Monday, November 11, 2019. The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. During the week of November 11, the contractor will install advance construction signage and message boards to alert of the upcoming work.
The project will provide intersection safety improvements including minor widening for turn lanes, improving geometric alignments of turning lanes, new wheelchair ramps and sidewalks, new pavement markings, new signage, traffic signal upgrades, and drainage improvements. Additionally, the utility poles along Massachusetts Avenue will be relocated in order to accommodate the new sidewalks.
The project contractor is J. Tropeano, Inc. The project is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2021.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.
The North Andover Festival Committee in conjunction with the North
Andover Police Association are looking for participants for the Santa Parade to be held on Saturday, November 30th. The parade starts at 12:00 P.M. at the North Andover Middle School. For more information contact Ashley at email@example.com.
- North Andover Fall Leaf Collection has started. The Town will continue to collect leaf bags during the weeks of November 3rd, November 10th and November 17th.
- Please have all leaf bags and brush curbside at the beginning of those weeks as collection does not follow the trash/recycle schedule.
- Leaves must be IN biodegradable paper bags ONLY.