The Town of North Andover cannot thank everyone enough for all your help and patience during this emergency. We understand that it can be challenging to keep track of important information as the situation evolves.
As of the evening of Sunday, September 16, here is a summary of what you should know:
All homes are cleared for return. Most have electric power. Gas service restoration will take time but is underway.
- Call 911 immediately if you smell gas or encounter any other emergency situation.
- Do not turn on or attempt to turn on your gas service. It does not matter who turned your gas service off. If your gas service is off, do not turn it on yourself. Only the gas company is allowed to turn on your gas service. If you have not already done so, call the hotline number for service restoration: 1-866-388-3239.
- Ensure that all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly. Test and check batteries or power supply.
- Inspect all heating, hot water, and gas appliances in your home. If you observe or suspect any damage to these systems, call a licensed electrician to evaluate and repair. Make sure to photograph and catalog any damage in case you need to file a claim.
- If your gas service is turned on, you may use your gas service only after inspecting your house. If in doubt, call 1-866-388-3239. If in doubt, go without until a professional can confirm it is safe.
- Information during this emergency continues to develop. There are steps you can take to ensure you are updated.
- Follow the Town of North Andover at northandoverma.gov/connect
- There are many ways you can follow North Andover. Twitter will give you the most frequent and the greatest amount of real time information.
- There are several other Twitter accounts with relevant information including : @NoAndoverPolice | @MassEMA | @MassGovernor
- Search for #MVGasFire It will also give you recent news on Twitter.
- Visit northandoverma.gov/emergency Create or update your Smart911 profile and get the mobile app. This will ensure you get critical North Andover Emergency Alerts no matter where you are.
- Check northandoverma.gov and social media often. The situation continues to develop.
- Restoration is in progress. Please understand it will take time. Eversource is working to restore gas service throughout the town to those in the impacted area and in the other areas where the service was shut off by the resident or someone else. Given the extraordinary number of restorations, this will take days or longer.
- We understand. We appreciate the inconvenience caused by the delay in restoring service and are working diligently to return service to all as safely and quickly as possible.
- We appreciate your patience. We pledge to do all in our power to inform you of progress and critical information as it becomes available.
Thank you again for all of your help and patience. Be Safe. Be Informed. Be Patient.