Day: August 23, 2018
NOTICE: Weather permitting – On Friday August 24th, the contractor will be installing pavement markings on Water Street and High Street. Traffic delays should be expected during the work.
Unable to get to the polls on September 4th for the State Primary? Your voice can still be heard! Vote in person at the Town Clerk’s Office by absentee ballot during normal business hours (until 5pm on August 31st.) Or request a ballot be mailed to you.
The Massachusetts State Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at the North Andover High School 430 Osgood Street. The polls are open from 7:00AM until 8:00PM. The following information applies:
- The last day to register to vote or change your party affiliation was Wednesday August 15, 2018. Lookup your Voter Status and Precinct Here.
- You may vote in person at the Town clerk’s Office by absentee ballot during normal business hours. You may also vote by requesting a ballot be mailed to you. Ballots must be returned by the voter or a family member by 8:00PM on September 4, 2018.
- The election is the day after Labor Day and school will be in session.
- The last day to vote by absentee ballot in the office is Friday August 31, 2018 until 5:00PM. The office is normally closed at noon on Friday but will remain open until 5:00PM for voting only.
- Absentee ballots are available to come in and vote in person. There is no Early Voting for this election but absentee voting is encouraged. A new short form absentee ballot application is available at www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleidx.htm. Additional registration is available at that sight.
- Students who are away and wish to vote may apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to them for this election and the November 6, 2018 State Election.
- Please call the Town Clerk’s Office at (978)688-9501 with any questions.
- Sample Ballots may be viewed here.
%d bloggers like this: